Eastgate Shopping Centre offers “Gift Cards” for purchase at the Customer Services Desk, situated on the lower level, in front of CNA.
Special precautions need to be taken when either purchasing or when redeeming gift cards at any store within the Centre.
- Sign the back of your card to prevent swopping of yours for another, without you realising.
- Check signature on the back of your card after making a purchase, and card needs to be returned to you by Cashier.
- Keep your “Gift Card” slip and take note of both the card number and confirmation of the Gift Cards’ total purchase value.
- If any irregularities transpire, report it immediately to an Eastgate employee on duty behind Customer Services Desk or contact Centre Management on: 011 479 6000.
- Destroy your card once it is depleted. Do not give your card to a teller or a stranger in a store to throw away on your behalf.
Please be aware that Eastgate Shopping Centre cannot be held accountable for:
- Gift card fraud
- The loss of a gift card
- Gift cards that have been stolen
Eastgate Shopping Centre is able to stop any card immediately if reported. A new card will be issued to the customer but only with the existing balance that is reflected on the card when reported.
The customer would be required to produce:
- Proof of purchase or receipt from purchasing of gift card
- Proof of identification (Identity Document)
Eastgate Shopping Centre is not liable to reimburse any money lost before reporting the gift card in cash or on the new card.
Expired cards can be reissued but customers are once again requested to produce proof of purchase or a receipt and their ID. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
Gift Card purchases:
- We no longer accept cash for Gift Cards.
- Any purchase of a gift card requires an identification document or Driver’s license.
- Eastgate Gift Cards can be purchased for any amount between R50 to R5 000 and are valid for 3 years from the purchase date. Should you wish to purchase cards of a larger value, more than one gift card will be issued.
- Eastgate Gift Cards can also be used at any of the following Liberty Properties Shopping Centres: Sandton City, Nelson Mandela Square. Liberty Midlands Mall, Liberty Promenade and Botshabelo Mall. (Please note that a Non-Participating fee of R15.40 per transaction will be charged on all Eastgate Gift Cards that are not redeemed at the above shopping centres).
Corporate gift card purchases:
Eastgate Gift Cards are excellent employee incentives and can be used as alternatives to end of year bonuses. Should you wish to purchase Eastgate Gift Cards for your organization, send an email request to Khutsi.Khutsoane@excelleratejhi.com
The email request must contain the following:
- The company name
- The company’s physical address
- The company’s VAT number if applicable
- The denominations and quantity of cards required
- The details of the person who will be collecting the vouchers including their full name, contact number and ID number
- An invoice will then be issued to the company
- Payment may be made by EFT or credit card (so long as the card holder is present)
- Once payment has been made proof of payment must be sent via e-mail or fax.
- All orders will only be prepared once funds reflect in the Eastgate bank account.
- The gift cards may be collected after 3 working days from date payment reflects in the Eastgate bank account.
- Please note that we do not give refunds.
Check your gift Card balance by:
- Visit the Eastgate Customer Services Desk or Call 011 479 6050/51
- Call 0861 88 88 52 (Tutuka)
- Call 083 918 7700
- SMS your Gift Card number to 34246
Check your gift card balance online:
- Log onto www.whatsonmycard.com
- Enter your card number.
- Answer a security question.
- Then click on “fetch balance”.
Please contact the Eastgate Shopping Centre Gift Card Department for more information: Tel: + 27 11 479 6050/51