Welcome to the Piazza Art Project, hosted by Eastgate Shopping Centre and Art Afrique.
Did you know that Eastgate is one of the oldest and biggest shopping centres in South Africa? We celebrated our 40th birthday in 2019.
So iconic, Eastgate Shopping Centre is also a Johannesburg landmark, loved and visited by many, who come from all over the city and province. As you can imagine, there are many other landmarks along the way, depending on where you come from. If you’re not sure what is a landmark, here’s a simple explanation: a landmark is a building or place that is easily recognised, and helps you know where you are. Examples of Johannesburg landmarks include Jukskei River, O.R Tambo International Airport, the Apartheid Museum, Johannesburg Zoo, and there are many more, so when writing, please pick the ones that you know and like the most.
We are so excited that you have chosen to enter our competition, and look forward to reading your short story or poem when it’s done. To help get you started, and offer some inspiration and tips, please read below:
1. Enter on the form below.
2. Name all four of our new characters who are making Eastgate Shopping Centre their new home.
3. Pick only one, and start writing your short story or poem in no more than 200 words. If you wish to submit sketches or illustrations, please do, we cannot wait to see them.
4. Your short story or poem can start anywhere, but must include the landmarks you see along the way, who you have met, and what you have seen on your way to Eastgate Shopping Centre. Click here to see examples for inspiration.
5. Your entry must reach us by no later than 21 August 2020.
6. Terms & Conditions apply.
7. This competition is open to kids aged 6 – 11.
Good luck, kids!
Get creative, and your name will be up at Eastgate Shopping Centre forever, as co-creator of a unique story about our family of friends. So #WriteItWithUs and make your mark with Eastgate Shopping Centre today.
SORRY ENTRIES ARE CLOSED
Thank you for taking part. We will let you know if your story was chosen.
Please submit your story by 21 August 2020.
43 Bradford Road, Bedfordview,2008
Telephone: +2711 479 6000
GPS: S26 10.781 E28 07.137